Thursday, January 12, 2012

Cunt

You're probably cringing right now at the title of this entry, you are aren't you?
Maybe you're wondering...'did she really just say that word?'

Yes, I said cunt, C-U-N-T!

I think vagina is a nice medical term, but such an ugly name for such an amazing extraodinary creature.


So, I've been thinking a lot about cunt, and no it's not because I'm on some sex binge. (In fact, quite the opposite) It is because I landed myself a role in the Vagina Monologues. If you've never heard of this play, or Eve Ensler, immidiately divert your attention from my blog and research. Go on! You have my permission! (I'd suggest going here too The V-Day Movement)

Eve Ensler


I decided to audition on a whim, missing my old theater days, wanting to find new friends with similar artistic interests. I didn't even realize I was auditioning for this amazing play that I'd always wanted to see. I told the story about The Mysterious Incident of the Piss in the Nighttime (for that story go here The Mysterious Incident of the Piss in the Nighttime) and then somehow landed the great role of introducing the monologues.

We've only had two rehearsals so far, but I can already tell this is going to be a life changing experience. The cast of strong smart women is amazing, we are all excited and nervous about this journey we are embarking on.

Last night I sat down, happy to have some alone time in my room, and thought about what I felt like doing. I recently bought lots of art supplies (see previous post) and so I decided I wanted to draw vagina's. Strange? I thought so.

Me and One of My Vaginas



I wanted to be able to see them as beautiful, as works of art. That is after all how Eve Ensler sees them. I decided I wanted to make my own interpretation of beautiful vagina's. I went to work creating and almost began to cry, it felt so wonderful to draw, and I began to realize how extremely beautiful vagina's are. I also learned I have a knack for drawing them! (I especially adore the one with pink glitter)

Aforementioned Sparkly Cunt


I felt like a different person sitting at my desk, drinking tea from an inspirational mug, and finding the beauty in cunt. 

Oops, my feminism is showing. But really, women are so powerful, graceful, beautiful, down right poetic. I love all the things I'm learning about myself and about feminism.

I AM WOMAN HEAR ME ROAR!

In the words of my lovely director "peace, and cunt love"
-The Queer Jewess

No comments:

Post a Comment